Warm up with a cozy bowl of homemade veggie soup. Full of flavor and great for your health! Just right for a season change! What are some of your favorite Fall traditions?
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup finely diced onion
- 2 stalks celery thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 cups cooked chicken (shredded or cubed)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 15 ounce can diced tomato, do not drain
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 cups chicken or bone broth
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup Karen’s Naturals Just Veggies, Original or Hot
1. Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and celery to the pot. Cook until soft.
2. Add the garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add chicken, tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, broth, potato, and Just Veggies to the pot, bring to a boil.
4. Cook for 20-25 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
5. Serve with a loaf of crusty bread! And top it off with a slice of Tie Dye Pie!