What could be better than a Just Blueberries and Peach Tie Dye Pie to help soak up every last moment of summer! We used blueberries to color the dough as well as inside the pie so you have a double blueberry punch! Not only does it look amazing, this recipe tastes amazing too!
What you’ll need:
- 5 Peaches
- 2 1/2 cups (325 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar, optional
- 1 cup (230 grams) very cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (2 sticks)
- 4 to 8 tablespoons ice water
- Food processor
1. Add 1 1/2 cups flour, salt and sugar, and all but a handful of Karen’s Naturals Just
Blueberries to a food processor. Pulse 2 to 3 times until combined.
2. Scatter butter cubes over flour and process until a dough or paste begins to form, about
15 seconds. (There should be no uncoated flour).
3. Scrape bowl, redistribute the flour-butter mixture then add remaining 1 cup of flour. Pulse
4 to 5 times until flour is evenly distributed. (Dough should look broken up and a little
4. Transfer to a medium bowl then sprinkle ice water over mixture — start with 4
tablespoons and add from there. Using a rubber spatula, press the dough into itself. The
crumbs should begin to form larger clusters. If you pinch some of the dough and it holds
together, it’s ready. If the dough falls apart, add 4 to 6 more tablespoons of water and
continue to press until dough comes together.
5. Remove dough from bowl and place in a mound on a clean surface. Work the dough just
enough to form a ball. Cut ball in half then form each half into discs. Wrap each disc with
plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour, and up to 2 days. You can also freeze it for
up to 3 months (just thaw it overnight in the fridge before using).
6. REPEAT STEPS 1-5 WITHOUT ADDING KAREN’S NATURALS JUST BLUEBERRIES
7. Uncover from wrap. Fold each color into each other until desired color. Roll dough out,
large enough to fill pie dish and cover top of pie.
What you’ll need:
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 to 5 1/2 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches (5 to 6 medium)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Place cookie sheet on oven rack. Heat oven to 400°F.
2. In a large bowl, add sugar, flour, cinnamon, and lemon juice to peaches. Mix.
3. Pour mixture into pie crust. And cover with second piece of dough. Cut vents in
4. Sprinkle top of pie with remainder of Karen’s Natural’s Just Blueberries.
5. Bake on cookie sheet about 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and juice is
thick and bubbly. Cool on cooling rack at least 2 hours.
ENJOY your Tie Dye Pie!
Nothing’s tastier than sweet, plump, summertime blueberries. Picked fresh and dried at low temperatures to preserve flavor and essential nutrients, Just Blueberries make a delightfully crunchy treat. Sprinkle on cereal, salads, and desserts, or mix them into smoothies, muffins, and… Read More