Our Pumpkin Chicken Curry with Just Pumpkin Powder and Just Veggies - With fall feeling weather, we're in the mood for autumn vegetables, for a hearty cozy meal. Sautéed cubes of pumpkin, with their warm color, and bright pops of Karen's Naturals Just Veggies make this dish a weekly star!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 tbsp Fish sauce
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- 4 cups Sugar pie pumpkin or butternut squash (¾ inch cubed) (1.5-2 lb pumpkin)
- 1 1/2 lbs Boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Karen's Naturals Just Pumpkin Powder
- ½ cup of Karen’s Naturals Just Veggies (Use HOT Just Veggies for added spice)
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 Lime, juiced
- Steamed rice
- Lime wedges
- In Instant Pot
In the bowl of your instant pot, stir the coconut milk, curry paste, fish sauce, soy sauce and sugar.
- Add the pumpkin chunks, pumpkin Powder and chicken and nestle it until it's submerged in the liquid.
- Seal instant pot lid and set the Instant Pot to Manual/High Pressure for 10 minutes. Once finished allow the valve to manually release for 10 minutes.
- Remove Chicken and transfer to a bow. Using two forks shred the chicken.
- Return shredded chicken to the cooker along with the salt and bell peppers. Stir until the pumpkin is smooth.
- Set on sauté mode and cook for another 5-7 stirring often, until bell peppers are tender.
- Add the juice of 1 lime to the pot and stir.
- Serve over steamed rice with extra lime and cilantro!
Take a picture and tags us! We want to see your cozy culinary creations!