Falling for Pumpkin Banana Bread
A drizzling fall morning is the perfect time for baking and we're FALLING for Pumpkin Banana Bread with Karen's Naturals freeze dried banana as the star of the show.
With no added fat and sweetened with honey, this delicious treat is just right to enjoy over the morning news or wrapped and taken as a hostess gift over the holidays!
Try it with your favorite extras stirred in for variation - raisins, nuts, chocolate chips or keep it as is to celebrate the incredible texture and flavor the JustBananas add!
· 2 over ripe bananas
· 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
· 4 eggs
· 6 tbsp honey
· 1 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
· 1 tsp baking powder
· 1 tsp baking soda
· 2 tsp vanilla extract
· ½ tsp. each cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt
1. Preheat oven to 320F and spray two small or one large loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork and mix in pumpkin puree, honey, and vanilla extract. Stir in eggs one at a time.
3. Gently fold in your flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt.
4. Stir in all but a hand full of the freeze dried bananas.
5. Spoon in to loaf pan(s) and sprinkle remaining bananas on top.
6. Bake until the top is golden brown, approximately 40 minutes. Remove your loaf and let cool a bit before serving.
7. Enjoy with our pumpkin chai latte!
« Back to Blog